How to make Broccoli Cheese Bread

    A good Cheesy bread  is  the right cure for a Friday night. Like every one I like a great cheese bread paired really well with marinara sauce is the right way to end a long week . Unfortunately , bread is not always the best thing to indulge on especially if like me you want to have that swimmer's body . So I went on a quest on the web ,  and found this little jewel : Broccoli Cheese Bread .  I know ... I know, we hear broccoli and our face turn into 🤮 but trust me it's not as bad as you might think.  Granted at first, you might think how can we go pass the broccoli taste . I can tell you that it's all in the cheese . 





 INGREDIENTS

3 c. 

riced broccoli

large egg

1 1/2 c. 

shredded mozzarella

1/4 c. 

freshly grated Parmesan

cloves garlic, minced

1/2 tsp. 

dried oregano

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

2 tsp. 

freshly chopped parsley

Warmed marinara, for serving


 

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave riced broccoli for 1 minute to steam. Carefully ring out extra moisture from the broccoli using paper towel or cheese cloth.
  2. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and add egg, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and garlic. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Transfer dough to baking sheet and shape into a thin, round crust. 
  3. Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes. Top with with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, about 5 minutes.
  4. Garnish with parsley and pepper flakes if using. Serve warm with marinara.
My tips:
  1. don't make the broccoli bread too flat , that way you can have a bit of consistency . 
  2. I know that I've  only mention mozzarella but pepper jack cheese is also good and one of my favorite cheese to use .
Where I bought my ingredients :
Brocoli -Broccoli


Here is my results : 





Comments